Sharing God’s Work through His Word | 03
Written By Ben Laur
The discipline of study is not meant to stop with our internal awareness but should overflow in generosity for what God has revealed to you. As we tell others about what God has taught us, how He has changed our understanding, or how He has changed us, we present others with a precious gift: the opportunity to experience that same transformation by God.
Look back through the Tuesday article, Hearing God’s Word Through Others
- Take five minutes to reflect upon the fact that Jesus died on a cross. .
- Think of one specific person you know who is not a believer.
– Write down their name.
– Think about how you could bring up Jesus in conversation this week.
- Approach this from a posture of abundance and generosity, not a posture of neediness. Set modest expectations for this. Don’t worry about having a long or deep conversation or getting them to make a decision for Jesus (though that would be amazing!). Simply say something about Jesus and what He has done—through His word, through His death, or in your life.
- Pray for this person, and name a time and place where you will have the opportunity to speak about this.