Praying Through God’s Word | 04
Written By Ben Laur
Prayer tills the soil of the soul to receive the word of God. Take time today resting, delighting, and listening to God in prayer. Take 10 minutes today to pray for God to speak afresh through His word, and that you would have “ears to hear and eyes to see” His truth and direction.
- Find a quiet space of solitude for a portion of the day.
- Set a timer for the full 10 minutes. It can feel overwhelming to plan on 10 minutes of prayer. Just take it one minute at a time.
- Begin by acknowledging an attribute of God.
- Thank Him for who He is.
- Ask God to reveal any area of sin, destruction or wickedness.
Confess those to God as the Holy Spirit brings them to mind from the past week.
Ask God to be cultivating…
- Hope in the battle against addiction.
- Hope that energizes advocacy against injustice.
- Hope within dire circumstances.
- Hope anchored in His ever present help in time of need.
End with a declaration of trust in God hearing your prayers and trusting Him to show up among His people gathered on Sunday.
Week 4 of 4 Study
The discipline of study involves carving time out of our “do more” culture to dig deep into the meaning of truth. One of the best places to study what God’s timeless word is speaking to us is to hear how a Christian leader in another time or culture is processing the truth of God’s Word.
Easter is not just about celebrating together on Resurrection Sunday, it is very much about living into our Resurrection hope on Monday.
Today is the day—Easter Sunday! Our King has conquered, the war is won, and His victory is ours—because Christ has overcome through His resurrection from the dead! As the angel said to the women at the tomb, “He is not here; he has risen!” This is cause for tremendous joy and celebration with God’s people!