Praying Through God’s Word | 02
Written By Ben Laur
Prayer tills the soil of the soul to receive the word of God. Take time today resting, delighting, and listening to God in prayer. Take 10 minutes today to pray for God to speak afresh through His word, and that you would have “ears to hear and eyes to see” His truth and direction.
- Find a quiet space of solitude for a portion of the day.
- Set a timer for the full 10 minutes. It can feel overwhelming to plan on 10 minutes of prayer. Just take it one minute at a time.
- Begin by acknowledging an attribute of God.
- Thank Him for who He is.
- Ask God to reveal any area of sin, destruction or wickedness.
Confess those to God as the Holy Spirit brings them to mind from the past week.
Ask God to be cultivating…
- Gratitude for His grace. .
- Gratitude for His sacrifice by sending His son to die on the cross.
- Gratitude that He stayed on the cross.
- Gratitude for His willingness to take our place.
End with a declaration of trust in God hearing your prayers and trusting Him to show up among His people gathered on Sunday.
Week 2 of 4 Study
If we are not intentional, the Christian message of Jesus’ resurrection may be easily overshadowed or absorbed into the mix of the Easter Bunny, Easter egg hunts, pastel colors, and marshmallow Peeps. But as Christians, the resurrection of Jesus must be front and center in our Easter celebrations.
Now it was Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who told these things to the apostles, but these words seemed to them an idle tale, and they did not believe them.
The discipline of study involves carving time out of our “do more” culture to dig deep into the meaning of truth. One of the best places to study what God’s timeless word is speaking to us is to hear how a Christian leader in another time or culture is processing the truth of God’s Word.