Joining Together Around God’s Word | 06
Written By Christ Community Staff
Take a moment to recite the Lord’s prayer, either quietly or out loud.
After listening to Sunday’s sermon, you may have lingering questions or ideas. Part of walking with Jesus means that we walk with others who follow Jesus, and it is often beneficial to sort through these lingering thoughts together. The following questions have been designed to help you more deeply consider what Sunday’s message may mean for your life with God, with other believers, and with your neighbors.
- What surprised you about your practice of theFormed.life this week? What was difficult?
- What stood out to you from Luke 21?
- Many people read passages like this and become anxious. How does this speak comfort to followers of Jesus?
- We want things that are wrong in this world to change, but so often we also struggle with judgment. Are these sentiments compatible or not, and how?
- Why do you think Jesus taught so much about the coming judgment? What purpose do you think He had in mind for explaining that these things were ahead?
Submission Week 6 of 8
Small acts of kindness are acts of loving submission.
Not my will, but yours. I am not sure a more difficult sentence has ever been uttered. I’ve always wanted my will.
Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help you grow in your relationship with God, with one another, and with your neighbors. | What does the fact that Jesus experiences agonizing anxiety speak into your life?