Welcome to the formed life!
AUTHOR: Gabriel Coyle
Thanks for joining us!
For the next eight weeks we’ll walk through Luke’s Gospel and seek to Rediscover Jesus’ Kingdom, with a deeper dive into the discipline of submission. It’s not what you think. Or maybe it is. But it’s definitely an area in which we all can grow in our walk with God. Can’t wait to grow with each of you every day in theFormed.life.
Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives.
- In a few words, describe both the rich ruler and the blind beggar.
- These two men approached Jesus quite differently – discuss the differences between how they addressed Jesus (consider their tact, volume, their emotion). How did their different approaches affect Jesus’ initial response to them?
- Name an issue or a person in your life who you can pray for with more boldness and desperate humility, like the beggar did about his blindness.
- How do these stories impact your view of eternal reward? (Read Matthew 16:24-26 to explore this further)
- What DO you really have to do to make it to heaven?
John Chrystostom | Hearing God’s Word Through Others
The discipline of study involves carving time out of our “do more” culture to dig deep into the meaning of truth. One of the best places to study what God’s timeless word is speaking to us is to hear how a Christian leader in another time or culture is processing the truth of God’s Word.
Thank God It’s Easter Monday
Easter is not just about celebrating together on Resurrection Sunday, it is very much about living into our Resurrection hope on Monday.
Join Others Around God’s Word – Risen King
Today is the day—Easter Sunday! Our King has conquered, the war is won, and His victory is ours—because Christ has overcome through His resurrection from the dead! As the angel said to the women at the tomb, “He is not here; he has risen!” This is cause for tremendous joy and celebration with God’s people!