Welcome to the formed life!
Thanks for joining us!
For the next eight weeks we’ll walk through Luke’s Gospel and seek to Rediscover Jesus’ Kingdom, with a deeper dive into the discipline of submission. It’s not what you think. Or maybe it is. But it’s definitely an area in which we all can grow in our walk with God. Can’t wait to grow with each of you every day in theFormed.life.
Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives.
- In a few words, describe both the rich ruler and the blind beggar.
- These two men approached Jesus quite differently – discuss the differences between how they addressed Jesus (consider their tact, volume, their emotion). How did their different approaches affect Jesus’ initial response to them?
- Name an issue or a person in your life who you can pray for with more boldness and desperate humility, like the beggar did about his blindness.
- How do these stories impact your view of eternal reward? (Read Matthew 16:24-26 to explore this further)
- What DO you really have to do to make it to heaven?
Not my will, but yours. I am not sure a more difficult sentence has ever been uttered. I’ve always wanted my will.
Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help you grow in your relationship with God, with one another, and with your neighbors. | What does the fact that Jesus experiences agonizing anxiety speak into your life?
Read and consider Luke 22:39-46. What does this communicate about Jesus’ in his humanity?